Internship - Venture Capital
Acton Capital Partners is a leading European growth-stage venture capital firm based in Munich. Since 1999, Acton has successfully invested in fast-growing internet companies throughout Europe and North America. Currently, we invest out of our fifth fund generation with a team of 14 professionals. As addition to our investment team in Munich we are looking for a
Visiting Analyst (internship)
As a member of our investment team, you screen the market, source and analyze investment opportunities. You support the team in closing and managing deals:
- Sourcing of investment opportunities through market research, direct approach of companies and through your own existing network in the startup industry.
- You help in the investment process (investments & divestments), including deal preparation & analysis, due diligence and negotiations.
The internship will last for 3-6 months. The earliest starting date is December 2018. For us, your curiosity and the slope of your learning curve is more important than your track record. You have the opportunity to join one of the most experienced growth-stage VC investor teams in Europe.
Above all, candidates must have some experience in the internet/startup industry and share our investment philosophy to combine analytical rigor with empathetic intelligence.
- You are enrolled in a degree program at a top-tier university, likely in business, economics, computer science or engineering (master or MBA; advanced state if bachelor).
- You have gained initial work experience in an operational (e.g. startup, corporate, own venture) or service role (e.g. consulting, banking, VC) with extended exposure to the internet industry, in most cases through prior internships.
- You have a superior understanding of internet-enabled business models and their underlying economics. You bring an analytical and number-driven mindset combined with empathy for people, customer needs and products.
- Solid English and German language skills.
Usually, internships at Acton last for 3-6 months and can be taken up on a rolling basis. For us, your curiosity and the slope of your learning curve is more important than your track record. You have the opportunity to join one of the most experienced growth-stage VC investors in Europe.
Regular, full-time, paid internship.